THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Saturday, September 12, 2015

A Day of Relaxation and Reflection in Montana

Last Monday (Labor Day) was one of the most relaxing days I've had in a long time. My book had been delivered to the editor, an experience which always gives me a moment to breathe deeply and not worry about anything . . . until editing begins. I was brainstorming ideas, but allowed them to swish and swirl around in my imagination while I enjoyed a drive on a glorious early autumn day. The leaves haven't begun to change yet, but I sense that they are trying, and perhaps looking forward to cooler weather as much as I am. 

Traffic was just as it should be—Montana style. Then again, when you leave early enough in the morning, then one can avoid most traffic on this particular road.


Then we have the scenery, and oh, how breathtaking it was. 

The Swan River National Wildlife Refuge
View from The Swan River National Wildlife Refuge
The Swan River National Wildlife Refuge
Site of the former Swan Valley Massacre of 1908.
Site of the former Swan Valley Massacre of 1908.
Alva Lake

On the drive home, the sun was in the perfect place over this river. The combination of sunshine and clouds created the perfect shades of green.

Swan River

Days like this make me realize that I need more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!