THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Walk Through Vermont: Woodstock and Quechee

Someone recently asked about my stay on the 143-acre farm outside of Woodstock, Vermont, and it reminded me that I have a lot of pictures from that adventure that I hadn't looked at in a while. This post is a sampling of the Woodstock and Quechee area, and predominately in pictures. Some images are from around downtown Woodstock, others are farms, inns, or other businesses from around that area. It's a beautiful area with a lot of charm, history, and friendly people. I'd return more often, but I'm a bit of a grumbler when I have to be in the humidity for too long.

There isn't a specific order to these images, and it's also important to note that they were taken before Hurricane Irene hit the area. I was there for that and it did quite a bit of damage, but much of it has been restored. 














Note the public library--best building in the village! 











My second favorite place in Woodstock is the Woodstock Farmer's Market

Bookstock is the best book fair I've ever attended.



The next few images are in Quechee.






Now we're back in Woodstock.
 There seemed to be a new event every weekend.





One of my favorite walking roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!