Saturday, November 8, 2014

Daily Habits of Happy People: Week 6

Photo Credit: Roger Lynn via photopin cc

Because October is my happy month, I decided to share my take on an article I read titled 10 Daily Habits of Exceptionally Happy People. Of course, we've now entered November, but it's worth finishing up the list. Now, there are a lot of these lists out there, but this one has thus far been my favorite. I consider myself a relatively happy person to begin with, but there's always room for improvement. 

So, here are my thoughts on these daily habits, and I will share two per week. 

Read previous Daily Habits posts. 

_______________________________________

"I will not say yes when I really mean no." 

Yikes. I have done this many times. I get busy but don't want to say "no," so instead I say "yes," and then end up having to pull out or scramble to fit it in. If you really don't want to do something, give yourself permission to decline. Those who matter will understand and those who don't, don't matter.


"I will not be afraid." 

This ties in with one of the posts from last week. Fear is a powerful motivator to do nothing. We might fear the unknown, fear consequences, fear failure, or fear embarrassment. Fearing anything other than fear is going to get you nowhere fast. Fear prevents us from finding out what we're capable of doing. Fear prevents us from publishing a book, falling in love, jumping out of a plane, going away to college, or on a trip alone. Fear prevents us from fulfilling our dreams. 

Be someone who has stories to tell, adventures to share, and successes to enjoy. Be the person who faces fear head-on and wins. 


Photo Credit: Roger Lynn via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!