Friday, November 28, 2014

Bigfork: A Tour of 'Montana's Christmas Village'

I don't often talk about the little lakeside village I call home, but it's worth talking about. I remember when I first heard of this quiet mountain town; my mother saw a write up on it in a 90's edition of Country Home magazine. She said that's the kind of place she wanted to live someday. Sure enough, in 1999, a little over a year after I graduated, we moved to Bigfork, Montana. I've lived here on an off, going away for school and other adventures, but I always return.

The day before Thanksgiving, we were greeted with lots of snow, and it seemed like the perfect time to head into the village to take a few pictures. After breakfast at Pocketstone Cafe, we walked around the village--me trying to keep my camera from getting wet--and enjoyed a lovely morning. The video below is brief and consists of all the same images below.


 Our friendly neighborhood deer greeted us as we pulled into the driveway after a lovely visit to the village.

The fudge at this cute little shop is delicious! If you fancy jam or huckleberry pie, this is the place to go.
 



The Bigfork Inn is my favorite restaurant in the Flathead Valley.


A glimpse of main street. I was attempting to keep my camera from getting wet. It may not look it here, but there was plenty of falling wet snow. 


Beneath the garland on this building is an old BANK sign and now it's a restaurant. People like to preserve history in this town.

Another glimpse of main street. Actually, the village pretty much consists of main street. It's a small town.




Our friendly neighborhood UPS store.



The Bigfork Express train outside of the public library (two images just above)





This isn't a great picture of the town tree. I'll try to capture a better one when I go to the parade.

The Barn, an amazing antiques and consignment shop. I didn't think to take interior pictures since I was too busy walking around and looking at everything. This is one of my favorite places to visit, and it's only a few miles outside of town.   

 The road home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!