The Not Quite Series, Book Four
Montlake Romance, Contemporary
November 04, 2014, First Edition
Paperback & Kindle
The touching and heartwarming fourth novel in the wildly popular Not Quite series from New York Times bestselling author Catherine Bybee.
Romance author Dakota Laurens believes that happily-ever-afters exist only between the covers of her sexy novels. But to her surprise, she finds a real-life hero when she meets a handsome emergency room doctor. The outspoken author feels an instant and intense attraction to Dr. Walt Eddy, and the feeling is mutual. When the globetrotting doctor pulls a disappearing act on Dakota, she’s prepared to write him off…until fate brings a blindsiding twist to her story.
Still scarred from a past tragedy, Walt may have disappeared on Dakota, but now he’s determined to win her back. For the first time in years, he knows he’s ready for a new chance at love. Yet between Dakota’s doubts and two sets of meddling parents, can the once-blissful couple finally create the bright, loving future they desperately want?
PRAISE FOR NOT QUITE FOREVER
“Bybee’s magnetic fourth Not Quite contemporary proves that romance can happen in the most unlikely places... The love scenes are sizzling and the multi-dimensional characters make this a page-turner. Readers will look for earlier installments and eagerly anticipate new ones.” –Publishers Weekly
"Not Quite Forever is Catherine Bybee at her finest: true-to-life characters on a wild and wonderful path toward their happily ever after." –Wall Street Journal Bestselling Author Tracy Brogan
10 Interesting Facts About Not Quite Forever
1. The name of my heroine, Dakota Laurens, was inspired by me twisting around and facing my own library…and picking two names from various authors on my shelf.
2. Walt wasn’t a planned hero in the series… he just popped up one day and I had to write his story down.
3. The convention highlighted in this book is loosely based on the size and magnitude of the RT Convention that travels around the country. I have, however, never attended a RT Convention that has taken place in Florida.
4. I held a party in my suite while at the Kansas City RT Convention and the hotel management threatened to make me leave the hotel. It was 6PM… for crying out loud! LOL
5. As an ER Nurse in my former life, I have improvised emergency medical equipment for the needs of my patients. (Tape was my best friend)
6. Dakota’s BFF, Mary… looks a whole lot like my roommate while attending conventions.
7. The term Bodice Rippers is used by Walt early in the book…and I feel the same way Dakota does when it’s used. Beware!
8. Conference beverages of choice… Coffee in the AM… Adult Beverages in the PM.
9. Dr. Walter Eddy’s collogues call him Walt, not Dr. Eddy. Most of the ER MD’s I worked with preferred to be called by their first name.
10. While many of the scenes in this book were loosely based on events I’ve experienced in life…here are a couple that I haven’t but want to. I’ve yet to stay in the Penthouse Suite of a high-rise hotel. I have yet to fly in a private jet… I’m game, however! I wouldn’t mind that multimillion dollar contract… just sayin’.
Giveaway Basket & Gift Card
hosted by Catherine Bybee
Meet the Author
New York Times & USA Today bestselling author Catherine Bybee was raised in Washington State, but after graduating high school, she moved to Southern California in hopes of becoming a movie star. After growing bored with waiting tables, she returned to school and became a registered nurse, spending most of her career in urban emergency rooms. She now writes full-time and has penned the Weekday Brides Series and the Not Quite Series. Bybee lives with her husband and two teenage sons in Southern California.