THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Romancing the West with Author Leslee Breene - Starlight Rescue and Journey to Sand Castle

New e-book cover

Summer greetings, friends!


Many thanks to Facebook friend, MK McClintock, for inviting me to join all of you at Books and Benches!


My publishing history includes LEADVILLE LADY- 2006 and HEARTS ON THE WIND – 2008, which were my second and third hard cover historical romances with Five Star Expressions. HEARTS ON THE WIND, a Cinderella love triangle set against the 1876 backdrop of the emerging Northern Pacific RR is still available through my website: www.lesleebreene.com. The RWA award-winning FOXFIRE - 2001, my debut historical, a gold robbery/kidnapping on the AT&SF RR in the middle of Kansas, may be found at AuthorHouse. Was her captor an outlaw or a hero?


Since then, I’ve ventured into the contemporary west for my most recent soft cover novels.

STARLIGHT RESCUE, (First printing 2011- Treble Heart Books) a contemporary romance,   is set beneath the Wyoming Big Horn Mountains on an animal rescue ranch. It received an RWA PASIC Book of Your Heart Award in the contemporary, Single-Title category.


Starlight Rescue is Available for Kindle 


My newest release, JOURNEY TO SAND CASTLE (2013 Soft cover and e-book), is a contemporary inspirational romance set in the San Luis Valley next to the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. "Leslee Breene confronts conflict, resistance, and prejudice...in a well-written story of love and redemption." ~ Heidi M.Thomas, WILLA Literary Award.  

Journey to Sand Castle is Available for Kindle and in Print




Recent Reviews for Leslee Breene's Books
STARLIGHT RESCUE will make you fall in love…not only with the heroine who has a heart as big as the mountains she calls home, but also with the animals she rescues.”

~ Deb Stover, Award-winning author - read full review



In JOURNEY TO SAND CASTLE, Leslee Breene describes several journeys that interweave three broken lives. She develops interesting characters and includes details about the San Luis Valley, that beautiful, historic part of Colorado—complete with the sounds of a flight of sandhill cranes…”

~Sonya Ellingboe – Editor, Highlands Ranch Herald (P. 29) - read full review

 

Launch party at Einstein Bros. Bagels, July 2013, with pals from Bally’s water aerobics class. What fun!!


I also love short fiction and have been fortunate to be published in various magazines, won The Moonlight & Magnolia and ByLine Magazine first place awards. Three short stories were finalists in the 2009, 2011 and 2012 Women Writing the West LAURA (Ingalls Wilder) Competitions. To read the five top stories in each year, please go to: http://womenwritingthewest.org/laurajournal.html.

Why Do I Write What I Write?
As a native of Colorado, I’ve always loved the West, its history and its people. First mesmerized by the short story, I studied and ventured along that path. Short fiction is demanding, but very satisfying to create characters and story frame that intrigue the reader, make him/her become involved.  Romance was emerging at that time as a major genre, and novel-length fiction easily followed. Romance and adventure are the West! LaVyrle Spencer, Maggie Osborne, and Joan Johnston are a few of my early women’s fiction icons.


As far as a writing process, I’m something of a rogue tortoise. So many time demands make a routine writing schedule nearly impossible for me. At this stage of my life, my sister and I are care-giving for our ninety-plus mother who has dementia—not a challenge to be taken lightly. I work in writing deadlines as best I can. Many writers are in the same boat. We need to support each other, and we do.

Stay tuned for my new releases and Free giveaways: www.lesleebreene.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!