THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The Beauty of Doing What You Will


Let's begin with a random thought. I love flowers, and lately I've been thinking about spring. I enjoy winter, I rarely say "I wish winter was over," but this week I have thought that more than once. My solution is to buy fresh bundles of flowers from Costco for my desk. Flowers make me smile, and yellow "sunny" flowers really brighten the room (and my day). I set a goal for myself to keep up with a lot of things this year - perhaps too many things. I wanted to spend more time keeping up with this blog, resume journal writing, spend a little more time away from work to socialize, write more, build a new business . . . the list goes on.  

I have a lot of goals, and in order to reach them, I have a tendency to overload my daily life. The thing is, I don't want to give any of them up. I love setting goals and making them happen. I enjoy being so busy every day, that at 6:00 PM I'm too exhausted to do anything except watch a movie or read a book (my days usually begin at 5:00 AM). I've never been satisfied with half-measures, but I will admit that so far, I feel as though I'm falling behind. 

So, how do I tackle this dilemma? Pick one thing, start with that, and the rest should fall into place. It's not as easy as it sounds, but I find that when I pick one thing from my list, complete it, and move onto the next, everything generally does fall into place. 

This blog has been at the top of my list of things to tackle.  You'd think it would be writing or editing, or any number of truly important things, but nope, it's been this blog. I've struggled for a long time as to what to do with it. How often should I blog (figured this one out)? Should I host authors, review books, or just say what's on my mind that day? Should my posts be geared toward authors or readers? Do people even read blogs anymore? Yep, lots of questions, and not a lot of answers. 

I've decided to take a page from Linda Lael Miller and just write. Sure, more often than not I'm going to fill the internet with more words that millions will never read, but I'm okay with that. I'd rather talk to you. I'll still host an author from time to time, and review a book when I want to share my reader's opinion, but mostly I'm just going to write. Whether it's about writing, life, editing, or I just want to post a lot of pictures, I'm going to write. 

Random subjects, random thoughts, random days - that's the plan.

Oh, and if you haven't visited my website lately (www.mkmcclintock.com), it's experienced a minor makeover. Head on over to take a look, then let me know what you think (unless you don't like it, in which case, lie to me).  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!