Monday, December 30, 2013

Books by the Bed

My reading choices over the past two months have been focused more on non-fiction for research, which means I have a nice stack forming on my bedside table. 

A few I hoped to have read by now, but I plan to tackle them over the next few weeks. It used to be that I would read books from the genre in which I was writing my current story, but I found that too distracting. Now, I won't read books written from the time period or locale in which I'm writing, which is why the Victorian-era books will be read in February.

A Big Sky Christmas by William W. Johnstone
Inferno by Dan Brown
Colorado Promise by Charlene Whitman
Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (surprisingly have not read this before)
The Day of Defense by Scot Thormaehlen
The Floating Brothel by Sian Rees
Wanton West by Lael Morgan

These should keep me busy, and will likely extend into the next month since I'm stilling researching while I finish up my current writing project. 

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, there have been so many demands on my time lately, that I haven't read anything for about a week. I'm trying to organize my time better so I will have time for reading, but it isn't easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel, Karen. I want to get through my books faster, but I also want to enjoy them, so I delay starting a new book until I know I can savor it.

      Delete