THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Books by the Bed

On the bedside table to be precise. I always keep a stack of four or five books next to the bed. These are the books I plan to read or want to read first. Sometimes I get distracted by a shiny new book that arrives in the mail, but I always get back to my stack. 


Currently in the stack are . . .

The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston (currently reading)
The Lady of Secrets by Susan Carroll
Daily Life in Victorian England (research reading)
The Royal Wulff Murders by Keith McCafferty
The Floating Brothel by Sian Rees

In the last few days I've added a couple more books to the library, and I may be tempted to move one or two of them up in the pile. 

Starry Night by Debbie Macomber
Longbourn by Jo Baker
Dark Witch by Nora Roberts

So far, I'm enjoying The Witch's Daughter. The writing style is not a norm for me, but perhaps I was looking for something different. It's an interesting read, and appropriate for this week.

Are you reading anything good? What do you like about it?

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with the stack by my bed (now if only I could find a decent nightstand to stack them on!). Right now I'm leaving the books that I am currently reading on there, but mostly because I am stuck in a slump and just want to get these not-so-great books over with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that about the nightstand. It took me nearly four years to find a nightstand that I not only liked, but was big enough to fit a nice stack of books. I finally found one at an antique shop, and sure enough there's plenty of room. :) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!