THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Monday, May 29, 2023

10 Reasons Why I Love to Write

I wrote this post back in 2013, and though I've added more reasons since, this original list is still accurate.

  1. Writing is exceptionally fun - even when it's mind-numbingly frustrating.
  2. I can travel to anywhere my imagination wishes, anyplace I can conjure and meet anyone I desire.
  3. I can pretend it's cold in the dead of winter when it's scorching hot in the summer.
  4. Writing what I want, not what others tell me to write. 
  5. I have to work 24 hours a day but I get to choose which 24. 
  6. When I find the exact right words to express myself, I feel like a genius, if but for a moment.
  7. I enjoy the research.
  8. I break laws without actually breaking laws. 
  9. My characters exist outside any boundaries except those I choose.
  10. Satisfaction in the finished work, and knowing someone else will enjoy it.

    2 comments:

    This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!