THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Monday, June 10, 2013

10 Favorite Things About Living in Montana

 
I've had the pleasure of seeing much of this country, mostly from my numerous cross-country jaunts, and the occasional desire to live in or explore other places, but I've always come home to Montana. 

As a writer, I appreciate the immense beauty of this land, and every morning I find something new I love about it, but here are a few of my favorite things and why I call Montana home.
  1. Even though our populations has  finally exceeded the 1 million mark, it's still an incredibly low number considering the land mass. 
  2. Elk, deer, and antelope outnumber the humans.
  3. Glacier National Park. 
  4. Flathead Lake.
  5. Drive one mile outside of town and you can go a full day without seeing anyone else.
  6. The wildlife are smarter than people. We have a 'pet' black bear we call Stewart, who has successfully evaded capture by Fish and Game for many years.
  7. Slower pace of life.
  8. Some people still ask me if we get high-speed internet service up here.
  9. No sales tax (helps with all the book-buying).
  10. Everywhere I look there is an endless supply of stunning beauty, which for this writer, offers the best inspiration for which anyone could ever ask.
 
What's your favorite thing about where you live?

    3 comments:

    1. Replies
      1. I feel that way about Montana during July and August--too darn hot--but it probably doesn't compare. I'm just a wimp in the heat.

        Delete
    2. I live in Texas, too. I don't like the heat. I don't do well with it so spend a lot of time indoors. Can't say I'm crazy about the scorpions or snakes, either. And, let's not forget about the tornadoes. But, there is nothing prettier than springtime and fields of bluebonnets or the wildflowers that line the highways. We do have sales tax but we don't have state income tax - that's a nice plus.

      ReplyDelete

    This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!