THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Friday, May 3, 2013

What Are You Reading?

Yesterday I finished Her Hesitant Heart by Carla Kelly. If you enjoy a sweet romance story, then it might be a good book for you to give a read. 

I'm now moving into a non-fiction book for research, and for pleasure reading, Catherine Coulter's Backfire. I pre-ordered it last year, but being in the middle of putting out two books, I got a wee bit behind on my reading. Now that I've pre-ordered her next FBI book, I don't plan to wait a year before reading it. Have you read Coulter's FBI series? 

Coulter is on my automatic pre-order list--at least for her FBI thrillers. Johanna Lindsey is another author on my automatic list, along with Edward Rutherford and Carla Kelly. There used to be more, but I haven't been too crazy about recent works by once-favorite authors. Now I'm a tad more selective and have tried to branch out and give different authors a try.

Is there an author whose books you always order, or pre-order, no matter what?

3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading The Wanderer by Robyn Carr, the first in her new Thunder Point series. I really enjoyed it.

    I love Catherine Coulter's writing! I don't have the discretionary funds available any more for automatic buys or pre-orders, so it takes me longer to read the new books by favorite authors. Catherine Coulter is certainly a favorite. As is Nora Roberts/JR Robb, Carla Neggers, and Iris Johansen. And a ton more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen "The Wanderer" and might just give it a try. You have wonderful taste in authors--many of their books fill my shelves. I have a couple of Carla Neggers books, but haven't had a chance to read them yet. Do you have a favorite. If you like Nora Roberts, you've likely read her Irish Born trilogy and Three Sisters island trilogy--those are my favorites of hers!

      Delete
    2. To be honest, my memory is so bad, I don't remember enough details about a particular book to choose a favorite. I just keep the books and re-read when I can. I do have Nora's Irish Born and Three Sisters trilogy and loved them. And still have them. I really loved The Bride Quartet series and I do remember crying at the end of the last book because I wouldn't 'see' these characters again.

      Delete

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!