THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Stress Less. Live More.


These lovely words, "Stress less. Live more." are engraved on a bench plaque on the river road where I like to walk in the mornings. I smile every time I pass it. None of us are immune to stress, but we do have the power to not let it rule our lives. As Leo Buscaglia said, Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”

Peace
That moment when the world is still, 
and the winds are quiet. 
In the instance when happiness prevails,
and sadness is overcome.
The time when rapture is at it's peak, 
and sorrow is buried.  
In the moment when the sun rises above
the earth and the whispering
secrets of men bring out
the brilliance of it's light. 
In the twinkling of the stars and the
irridescense of the sun's setting.
When the universe is hushed,
and tranquility is the ruler.
In this omniscient moment, 
discovery will come to pass, 
and peace will dwell in the heart. 

-MK

 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! I like to dabble. Poetry tends to be my alternative to journal writing. :)

      Delete
  2. Once more, stress seems to have invaded my life - I hate having to learn how to deal with it all over again! Enjoyed your poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stress sometimes likes to sneak up on me too. Not always easy getting rid of it--probably one of the reasons why I started writing--escape! :)

      Delete

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!