Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Bigger "Yes"

“You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside."
-Stephen Covey

Swan River, Bigfork, MT
I do have a bigger "yes" burning inside. 

For those who have been following this blog for a while, you've likely noticed some slight changes to the blog schedule and types of postings since the new year began. I've wanted to make the changes on this blog gradual, which is why there are still daily postings, and twice weekly postings for guest authors. 

This will soon change. 

My goal is to make content enjoyable, but not overwhelming and excessive. I want to connect with you, and still give you the opportunity to connect with other great authors, but my desire to focus on writing better books for the readers remains my primary goal. I'm no different than any new author still trying to find a balance.

Lake McDonald, Glacier National Park
I believe I have figured out my balance, but change is necessary to balancing out that balance (which really doesn't make sense, but that's not the point). You see, I have always thrived in chaos. Give me a project two days before it's due and chances are I'll find a way to make it happen. Unfortunately if a writer attempts to do this with a book, the art of the story will undoubtedly suffer. I like my characters, and I don't want them or their stories to be neglected (unless it's a bad guy, then I'm okay with a little suffering).  

To be honest, I'd rather be reading books than daily blog posts, and I imagine many other readers feel the same way. Perhaps I'm wrong. 

Am I wrong? I hate to be wrong, but it's been known to happen. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. 

What does this all mean? Additional changes will come in late May. In the meantime, I'll follow the schedule on my Blog Info page until the new schedule takes effect.  

Once change taking place now will be the ending of new book reviews--with an exception, of course. I've committed to reviewing some wonderful books in the next three months, and I will be following through with those. I felt the need to make this immediate change because so much of my reading time lately has been taken up with research books, that I am unable to keep up with regular reviews which isn't fair to either the author or the reader. 

Sunset over Flathead Lake.
Do you have a bigger "yes"? I'd love to hear about it! What do you dream of doing?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new fan/follower of your blog and I find it very interesting and different. I'm in love with the pictures you post - they are just gorgeous! My dream is to travel, pretty much within the states. It's not working out so well right now, but hopefully that will change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! It's been fun seeing you on Facebook and now here. :) Traveling within the states is a lot of fun, and I'll definitely share pictures from other places in future posts. That's a wonderful dream and I hope it works out for you.

      Delete