THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Wishes and Seasons Greetings!

One thing I always wish for on Christmas morning, is for fresh snow to fall as I sit by the fire, eat my Christmas morning cinnamon roll, and drink hot chocolate as the soft sounds of music fill the air. The scent of pine from the tree mingles with the crackling sap of the wood, and I look out the window as the snow descends. I believe Christmas should be about simple joys, to be grateful I enjoyed another year, and to keep those I've lost or who cannot be with me, close to my heart.

It's a beautiful and magical time of year, so whatever you believe, whatever you celebrate, I want to wish you a beautiful, safe, and blessed season.

Snowflakes
Out of the bosom of the Air.
Out of the cloud-folds of her garments shaken,
Over the woodlands brown and bare,
Over the harvest-fields forsaken,
Silent and soft and slow
Descends the snow.
Even as our cloudy fancies take
Suddenly shape in some divine expression,
Even as the troubled heart doth make
In the white countenance confession,
The troubled sky reveals
The grief it feels

This is the poem of the air,
Slowly in silent syllables recorded;
This is the secret of despair,
Long in its cloudy bosom hoarded,
Now whispered and revealed
To wood and field.


-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!