Thursday, June 7, 2012

Just for Fun! Analyze Your Writing

I noticed this writing analyzer on another blog and thought I'd give it a try, just out of curiosity. I also wanted to see if it would generate the same result for both books.

First, I entered text from Gallagher's Pride and this is what came up.


I write like
James Joyce
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


Then I entered text from Alaina Claiborne and I got this...


I write like
Dan Brown
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!


Of course I couldn't stop there, so I entered more text from Alaina Claiborne and got this...


I write like
Anne Rice
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

And then one more section of the same book produced this...


I write like
Margaret Mitchell
I Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing!

So what have I concluded? I apparently have such a unique style of writing that the computer can't seem to analyze it properly (I can hope)! I'll try again with my next book and see what comes up!

Do you write like a famous author?

3 comments:

  1. That's neat! I tried it out myself and entered the first few paragraghs from "When the Heart Falls" and got that I write like Anne Rice. So then I entered a whole chapter near the end of the book (where all the climactic stuff happens) and got that I write like Stephen King. It's quite addiciting, lol. Thanks for sharing it MK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like a fun thing to do, so after working on my manuscript today, I'll play around with "Analyze Your Writing."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it, too. I plugged in some of my writing. **slaps hand over eyes** It said I write like Daffy Duck. Quick...I need a shot of Jim Beam. OMG.

    ReplyDelete