- Full Name: Dame Agatha Mary Clarissa Miller
- Born: 15 September 1890 in Torquay, England
- Taught herself to read by the age of five.
- Crime writer of novels, short stories and plays. She was all about the whodunits!
- Estimated book sales between $2-4 billion (right up there with Shakespeare)
- Wrote 85 books.
- According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Christie is the best-selling novelist of all time.
- Used the pen name Mary Westmacott.
- Many of her works were adapted into television, including a series.
- Married Archie Christie in 1914.
- During the war, she became a nurse in the Voluntary Aid Detachment of the Red Cross Hospital in Torquay.
- She wasn't without her critics and was often regarded more for her ability to plot rather than her literary abilities (not that it hurt her any).
- In 1926 Christie’s mother Clara died and Archie left her for another woman. They had one daughter together.
- Agatha then met and accompanied Max Mallowan on his annual archaeological expeditions for nearly 30 years. She and Max were happily married for 46 years.
- After a hugely successful career and a wonderful life Agatha passed away on 12 January 1976.
Agatha Christie Kindle books available for free!
The Mysterious Affair at Styles
Do you have a favorite Agatha Christie story or want to share an extra tidbit you know about her?
3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agatha_Christie (also book image source)
4. http://nndb.com (Agatha Christie Image Source)