Tuesday, May 22, 2012

50 Ways to Live Life: An Interview with Author Christine Agro


With us today is Christine Agro on tour with the Virtual Book Tour Cafe and she's here to chat about her book, 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously. She'll also be back on Thursday for a Book Blitz, so there's more to come. Welcome Christine!
MK: If you had to sum it up 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously in 30 or less words, what would you say?

CA: This book offers you a different way to look at your life and if the information resonates with you, you can use it to create positive change in everything that you do.

MK: What inspired the idea behind your book?

CA: I’ve been applying this information in my own life and sharing with others for 12 years now. Again, for those that it resonates with, the changes in their lives are profound.  I wrote this book because I wanted to get this information out to as many people as possible.  I think, today especially, that the ability to take control of our own lives, to understand how and why our lives unfold as they do and to know that we can create change is powerful and important.

MK: What has been your greatest pleasure or personal success as an author?  

CA: My greatest joy is when people email me and tell me that the information resonates and has changed their life. It’s not that I take this as a personal validation of the information, I don’t need that. What’s so important to me and so meaningful is that it is helping someone to understand their life and create change.  These emails always make me cry with joy for the person.

MK: What appeals to you most about your chosen genre?

CA: I’m a teacher and I’ll explore any format that allows me to share my information. I find writing to be a great way to reach people. It gives them time to digest the information and to decide if it resonates.

MK: Is there a genre you wish you could write, but haven’t made the plunge? Which one and what appeals to you about it?

CA: I would really like to write a novel that incorporates all of my insight as a Metaphysical expert. I think it would be interesting to share what I know in a fictional format.

MK: Do you have a favorite author? Who and why?

CA: I don’t have a lot of time to read, but when I do, I enjoy reading stories that mesh with my belief that all things are possible. If I had to pick an author I’d say it is Diana Gabaldon and her Outlander Series. I love her characters and the whole notion of time-travel. I’m also a romantic and I completely embrace the idea of a love that transcends time and space.

MK: Why did you choose to be an Indie writer and would you choose to self-publish again?

CA: I chose to self-publish because I really believe in this information and I wanted to get it out into the world.  I found the process very easy and I would definitely self-publish again.

MK: Is writing a full-time career for you? If not, how else do you spend your work day?

CA: After I published 50 Ways To Live Life Consciously, I was asked to write a daily blog for BeliefNet. So now I find myself sitting down to write every day, which is new for me.  I also teach classes on Conscious Living and developing one’s clairvoyance, give monthly talks, manage three membership sites where I support the members in their growth, and do clairvoyant readings. 

MK: How long did it take to get this book from idea to being published? What was the most grueling process?

CA: This happened really quickly and with great ‘flow’, which is always an indication that I’m doing the right thing.  The day after Christmas (2011) I was reading a book on the Hindu Deity Ganesha, which was called 99 Thoughts on Ganesha by Devdutt Pattanaik.  It was a simple book with one thought or piece of information on each page.  It dawned on me that I could easily turn my Conscious Living Wisdom Cards into a book. So I set to do just that and when I sat down to write an introduction, the eight tools came out. By March 2012 the whole thing was finished and printed. I have to say there really wasn’t anything grueling about this process.  It flowed with great ease.

MK: Laptop, desktop or notebook and pen for writing?

CA: Always a laptop. But the other day I went to Barnes and Noble and bought a beautiful green writing journal with an equally beautiful pen. Now that I’m writing the daily blog, I find that ideas pop up all the time and I wanted something to record them in.

MK: Do you believe in writer’s block? Has it ever happened to you?

CA: I do and it has. When it happens, I meditate and that usually gets thing moving again.  If it doesn’t, a shower or bath can help too. There’s nothing like the clarity that comes through water.  I actually have a column called “Thoughts From My Shower” because the most amazing insights arrive while I’m showering.

MK: Is there a book you’ve ever read more than five times? Which book and what drew you back to it?

CA: Goodnight Moon. It is my son’s favorite.

MK: What do you have in store next for your readers?

CA: I’m working on two books: Seen and Heard: An Inspiring Guide For Conscious Parenting and The Flow, which is similar to 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously, where it offers insight, guidance and tools. The Flow is a deeper exploration of living life in alignment and learning how to tell if we are flowing with life or fighting against it.

MK: Is there anything else you’d like to share with your readers today?

CA: Please check out my membership site The Conscious Living Guide™ It’s one way that I can support you in your efforts to live life consciously. When you join for one month you get a copy of 50 Ways To Live Life Consciously as a gift and you get to explore the membership site for the whole month (weekly Sunday meditation, monthly Ask Christine on-line chat, healthy recipes, 27 episodes of The Conscious Living Guide radio show, free mini audio courses …)

THE BOOK:

Does life seem complicated? Are you always trying to get to the next ‘something’? Are your relationships confusing and overwhelming? Christine Agro, Clairvoyant and Metaphysical Expert, shares her unique insight that will help you create a graceful, ease and flowing life. Christine’s information is so simple yet so powerful that you may actually feel yourself shifting as you read. With insight into the how, why and what-for of life, Christine helps you get off the mental and emotional wheels and helps you get your ego in check creating a natural balance with the one aspect of yourself that really does have all the answers, your Spirit. 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously is a treasure box that answers the question “why are we here” and offers 8 tools and 42 concepts to help you make the shift into conscious living.

Teaser:

In 50 Ways To Live Life Consciously, Metaphysical Expert Christine Agro offers the simplest, yet most life-changing answer to the question “Why Are We Here?”
 
When we live unconsciously our life drives us. We find ourselves in places and experiencing things without knowing how or why we got to where we are. Instead of consciously choosing the how, the why and in what we experience life, it is our life that pulls us along. With conscious living we recognize that our life experiences hold the keys to what our life lessons are all about. With that we can make conscious choices about how our own life unfolds and each choice leads us further down our path of Spiritual evolution.
Our Spiritual evolution is why we are here in the first place: to learn, heal and grow as Spiritual beings. We have been taught that we are merely our physical bodies, that we are merely human beings and that our lives are all about what we do. But there is so much more to who we are and who we can be and so much more to living our lives.


Where can readers find Christine?

Twitter: @christineagro

Is your book in Print, ebook or both? 50 Ways to Live Life Consciously is available on Kindle, Nook and in print at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and through my website. Become a member of TCLG for a month and get the book as a gift, become a member for 3 months and get the book and a deck of Conscious Living Wisdom Cards!!!                                                

 JOIN THE TOUR!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us today on your tour Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MK, I'm very late visiting you in return, from Writer's Rising and my Healing Morning blog post from last month. My apologies for that tardy behavior! I am going to enjoy browsing through all these wonderful interviews and the rest of your website!

    - Dawn Sievers

    ReplyDelete