Monday, February 27, 2012

Q&A with Brenna Cameron of Gallagher's Pride

Welcome to a Q&A with Brenna Cameron, our very own Scottish lass who took time out of her busy Gallagher's Pride appearances to answer a visit with us over a cup of tea on the porch of Hawk's Peak.

MK: Welcome Brenna! It's a pleasure to have you joining us. It can't be easy getting away right now.

BC: Thank you for having me as your guest. It's a delight to be here and I must admit, lovely to have a wee bit of a holiday.

MK: What a magnificent view we have here. I imagine you spend a great deal of time out here.

BC: Whenever time allows it. It has been a calming place for me since I first arrived at Hawk's Peak and this rocking chair has become a comforting friend.

MK: So Brenna, you've done a bit of traveling recently, but would you tell us a little about your home in Scotland?

BC: I'd be delighted! Cameron Manor is my family home in Scotland. It is nestled in the lush countryside outside of Edinburgh. Stone reaching up three stories with a library collection my father spent years building. The gardens are one of my favorite places-my mother and I used to spend hours working the soil. Then of course there are the stables! Oh such a magnificent structure and the place I spend much of my time when home.

MK: It sounds so beautiful! Did you spend much time in the city?

BC: Goodness no. I was rather sheltered by my parents. I did have a tutor from London who would tell me stories about her travels and I traveled to the Highlands with my family from time to time, but Cameron Manor and the countryside is where I spent my time. As the years passed, there wasn't much of a desire to venture far from home.

MK: That is of course until you left Scotland? Will share a little about your journey?

BC: Such an unexpected adventure it was! It began with some letters and a fierce desire, with a bit of welled-up anger for good measure, to discover family who, shall we say, was lost to me for a time. The journey was rather arduous and at times I wondered if it would end. America is so different from my beloved Scotland in both appearance and her people. It was with great relief when I reached Briarwood.

MK: Briarwood was your final destination in Montana?

BC: What I had prayed would be my final destination! Thankfully it was there I discovered what I had left Scotland to seek. Such a magnificent place with mountains so glorious and a vast blue sky. It took some time to appreciate the grandeur and beauty as my thoughts were otherwise occupied.

MK: You ran into a bit of trouble not long after you arrived. Will you tell us a little about that?

BC: It was a dreadful situation and I'm not too proud to admit how frightened I was when it first happened. It didn't take long for fear to become anger though - horrible wretched men they were.

MK: That does sound awful. You made it through all right?

BC: Of course, thanks to Ethan and the others. Ah, but they are another story.

MK: Looking forward to your next visit to hear all about it. So, have you found a new home in Montana?

BC: Oh yes! A new home and a new family. Scotland will always be in my heart and I will visit her often, but Hawk's Peak is where I found a new beginning.

Your life certainly has been a fascinating adventure. Thank you again for your lovely hospitality and I look forward to our next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment