Then...yesterday I signed up for a Twitter account, after the benefits of having one were mentioned on numerous occasions. I have to be honest, I don't understand half of what is being said in that cyber world. I'm still young, a part of this technology generation, and in fact I am rather fond of computers, graphic design, websites, etc, but for the life of me I don't understand half of the symbols and shortened lingo used on Twitter. I don't even text often because I won't send one out without everything spelled out and capitalized.
So after my first day on Twitter, I'm wondering...
- Where does everyone find the time to post updates every five minutes?
- Why are people talking about changing dirty diapers and what they ate for dinner?
- Why does Twitter think I should follow every pop star in existence?
- Why do people who have crude and profane handles keep trying to follow me? (oh yes, found the lock button...nope, still coming through).
- How often am I supposed to post in order to be considered a Twitterer (is that a word)?
- How long does it take before people notice you're a clumsy Twitterer (still not a word?) and realize you've committed numerous Twitter no-no's. (Feel free to let me know).
- Is there a Twitter handbook?