THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Goodreads Review: Rhodes A Race for Africa by Antony Thomas

Rhodes the Race for AfricaRhodes the Race for Africa by Antony Thomas

You'll probably come to thoroughly dislike Cecil Rhodes as a human being, but he does make a fascinating subject for a book. Rhodes was brilliant and calculating and charmed and manipulated his way to wealth. He was also racially unjust, brutal, and unfair. You'll admire his abilities and detest his person. I read this book for a college course and glad I did so. It now has a place on my bookshelf because I feel, that despite the deplorable actions of Rhodes, it's a book I'd recommend to almost anyone.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!