THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Monday, January 16, 2012

Goodreads Review: The Language of the Land: Living Among the Hadzabe in Africa by James Stephenson

The Language of the Land: Living Among the Hadzabe in AfricaThe Language of the Land: Living Among the Hadzabe in Africa by James Stephenson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I enjoyed this book, though I would have to agree with another reviewer on here that I'd recommend it more for those who are actually interested - it's not a 'light' read. I read this book for a cultural anthropology project and so for me, it was a remarkable story and brought light to a way of life most of us could never begin to imagine. I've not been to Africa yet, but I did feel as though I was there with the author and at the same time grateful I wasn't. He brings to the reader a vivid picture of the among these people. Again, it's a book for those truly interested in the study or for a student as I was when I read it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!