THE TRAIL TO CROOKED CREEK: A Romantic Western Adventure

The Trail to Crooked Creek , a new romantic and adventurous western novella in the Crooked Creek series is now here to fill your hours with ...

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Read to Write

"Read, read, read. Read everything—trash, classics, good and bad, and see how they do it. Just like a carpenter who works as an apprentice and studies the most. Read! You'll absorb it. Then write. If it is good, you'll find out. If it's not, throw it out the window."-William Faulkner

I've often thought about throwing out something I've written but then I rethink the action and put it away in a box, a drawer, a binder, in a place where I know I'll find it again, pull it out and either put it back or work on it. I don't like to believe in giving up on anything. No matter how much work something needs, once I go back to it, improvement is guaranteed. What do I do in between all my writing? I read! Pull a book of the shelf, borrow one, get a library card and then...magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a happy place for book lovers. Please keep all comments kind and clean. All unhappy comments will be removed. Thank you!